For several years now, we have been sending out individual greetings to our partners and friends of our brand for the Advent season. One or another has already been able to collect a small collection of sieger design Christmas stars. Our 2020 edition is more than everdedicated to the diversity and joy of life. Pooling their collective strengths and embracing their love of colour, our team worked to make each star individual, personal and utterly unique.
Our new Schloss Gold is here
This autumn, we harvested our third annual batch of our very own honey, known as Schloss Gold (Castle Gold). A healthy, natural treat that our team, business partners and friends of our brand enjoy throughout the colder months of the year and beyond. Back in summer 2018, we gave two colonies a new home in our extensive garden at Harkotten Castle, since we wanted to do our small bit to counteract the global decline in the bee population. To ensure our bees are looked after professionally all year round, we work with the company Bee Future.
The importance of the bees
The Earthwatch Institute recently declared bees to be the most invaluable species on the planet: they pollinate crop plants, secure the human food supply and contribute to biodiversity. But in recent years, there has been a drastic decline in the global bee population.
Bees are irreplaceable
… and really hard-working. A few facts and figures:
- 75% of global agriculture is dependent on bees to pollinate fruit, vegetables or nuts.
- Bees have existed for over 100 million years.
- Each colony has three types of bees, which differ in size: one queen, hundreds of drones and around 60,000 workers.
- Honey bees search for food in a 3 to 4 km radius around their hive; in human terms, that’s equivalent to travelling around 2,500 km to find food.
- A bee leaves the hive around ten times per day, and visits 250 to 300 flowers.
- To produce 500g of honey, bees have to fly to between two and five million flowers, covering a distance of some 150,000km; for a single bee, that’d be equivalent to flying round the globe three times.
- Each year, a bee colony flies a cumulative total of up to 36 million km, which is 900 times the circumference of the earth.
- Bees flap their wings an average of 11,400 times per minute (190 times a second) and fly at speeds ranging from 20 to 30 km/h.
Smart at the Start
Dynamic and innovative – our two smart team members!
Heroes at work
We have heroes working for us on a whole host of different missions. Our team includes a mix of talented youngsters and seasoned veterans, some of who have been with us for over 20 years, who pool together expertise from a variety of disciplines in order to come up with solutions.
Interested in getting to know us better and contributing your talents to our team? Then we’d love to hear from you:
Jobs at sieger design
Internship at sieger design
About the agency
As part of our sustainability strategy, we’re also offsetting our CO2 emissions with climate certificates, which help to support hydropower projects in Mali, Guatemala and Brazil.
Weitere Eindrücke und Informationen findest Du auch gern auf XING!
sieger design auf XING